Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Earth

I believe you will find my presentation about as stylish as road kill.

At given times prior to today we have had earthqaukes, the ice ages, melting ice caps, rising ocean levels, wild jet streams, tornados, hurricanes, floods, droughts, hot and dry, wet and cold,
high ocean temperatures, volcanos, forest fires.

We are destroying wet lands, cutting trees, killing the rain forest, intoxicating the atmosphere,
intoxicating the water ways and water sources, intoxicating the soil. Forty two million were
displaced by natural disasters in 2010. These numbers will rise as human induced climate change comes to full force. We will likely experience more than displacement. Is Mother Earth
pissed off? We are having record tornados, forest fires, floods, earthquakes and tsunamis, and volcanos.

Is Mother Earth trying to tell us something? Could we eventually become the dinosaurs? Is the next thing to come a massive loss of life from the abuse we cause to the eco balance of the world? As Mother Earth takes its own course will it start eliminating the source of problem.

The earth is the jewel of the universe. I truly believe she will save herself but may destroy a good bit of civilization.

If you worry about something it usually doesn't happen. Maybe we should all start to worry.

Myself, I would like to go back to Bountiful for more than just a visit. Maybe I will in time.
Each of us should pause and remember how the world once looked and smelled and felt.

2 comments:

  1. I have been feeling this way, too. That the rippling of disasters feels like the earth saying, "Too much, too much, settle back down and do right by me." So I will worry with you, and carry my umbrella, which annoys the rain.

    ReplyDelete