Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Trip




Made a trip to Illinois again last week. Stopped in Chatham at the disaster relief depot operated by a Methodist church organization so Ellen could have her sewing results reviewed and approved. She past with flying colors. This took place on Friday.





On Saturday Kermit, my nephew, and I went to visit his sister, Eleanor, and her husband where I acquired a picture of my father and his sibs when they were very young. Top picture. Dad is front row right. Also got a picture of the first five of their children of this group. Dad's first two are Wendell, second from the right and Carol, third from the right.




Watched the corn and beans grow. Got to see the run down farm where I use to help farm and milk 50 cows twice a day. Worked for my brother in law, Charley, Kermit and Eleanor's dad.


Kermit and I took a couple of four wheelers and toured a 40 acre patch of ground he had just purchased. Through mud and shoulder high grass, black berries and black rasberries.




Went to the Vermont, IL high school reunion represented by classes from 1936 to 1947, the life of the high school in Vermont. The reunion was at the Christian Church. The addition to the church was built over the spot where I use to live. I welcomed everyone to my home but I didn't


mention any thing about the possibilty of ghost.




From there on to Normal to visit daughter Kim, the home of rhubarb pie.




Catfish dinner on Friday. Fried chicken dinner on Saturday. Barbaque ribs by Kim, a salad by Sierra, and a rhubarb by Kim, Sierra, and Jeramia on Sunday.




Sorry everyone. I took the rhubarb pie home.

1 comment: