Saturday, July 24, 2010

Lesson learned!

As some of you know I try to make wine. Some people like
it, two people don't. I like it.

Had three bottles that I made in Jan. 2007 in the cooler.
It was to sweet for anyone's taste so it was never touched.
Last week two of the bottles blew their corks. Had a mess to cleanup.
I opened he third bottle to a large puff. Should be good stuff
but to sweet for my taste.

This, of course is better than the time a few years ago when I
had a gallon jug full still fermenting. I had sealed a cap on, not
knowing it wasn't ready. We had a blast heard throughout the
house. The explosion was so strong that it shattered the glass
jug, sprayed wine all over and inbedded glass in the walls.

Took a while to clean up and repair and paint the walls.

Lesson learned.

1 comment:

  1. I think you may have gone beyond wine to Moonshine with the third bottle!

    ReplyDelete