Saturday, October 23, 2010

Sitten of the bayou

Saturday is laundry time. I gather up the dirty duds, soap and dryer sheets, my coffee and my
book and head for the campers bath and laundry facilitity. The is located on the bayou.
After I get the loads started I pull a chair out of the broom closet, grab my coffee and book,
sit outside the door to drink, read and watch the tide roll in. This morning the tide was moving
big islands of green folage created by the sugar cane harvest up the bayou really slow. I dropped my observation to read a little and take a sip and when I looked up the islands were flowing
down stream. The only activity was fishermen heading out to try their luck in in their not so fancy boats.

After the laundry was completed I started to make a picture frame for the lady in charge
of the depot. I was almost done but came up short of material I needed to complete it. So
I repaired the old frame instead. They have the various tools and material I needed
scattered in three different buildings. So even a small job takes a lot of time hunting and
gathering just like our ancesters had to do to survive.

The other day I heard that some lady doesn't believe in the here after. The way I feel
about it is that if you are not her after, what I'm here after, you will be her after I'm gone.

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely scene you created! I remember chewing on sugar cane when I lived in Florida, but I've never seen it harvested.

    ReplyDelete