Sunday, October 7, 2012

St. Vincent 3/3/87

Up at the roosters crow. No water. I gave devotion today. A couple of them wanted a copy of what I read. Some thought it was very good and appropriate. It was about children. On this Island 75 % of the population are children. .

I worked on the church roof today, replacing old rusty metal roofing while hanging by a rope. Others put the roof on the bathroom and others put the cap on the septic tank.

After work several went off the river to bath. I got left out. I got to the river just before dark, after delivering Gerald and three local youth directors to a meeting in Chateaubeliar. I went to the river alone. The walking path to the river saw a dirt path through an area of huts up along the side of the mountain stream. I was a little uncomfortable with the area. After my bath I went back to Chateaubeliar to pick up group I had delivered. While I was waiting, a group of children gathered around the car and we talked about America and life and the stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment