Tuesday, September 21, 2010

High School English

I know its weird but these lines below pop into my head every so often but I can never
remember the story or poem source. The challange is for you or some of your friends to
help identify the source for me and the author.

The stag at eve has drank his fill
Where danced the moon on monans rill.


All the world a stage


To be or not to be,
That is the question.


Out out brief candle.

Not very much to go on. Gives you some idea of poorly I performed in English Class.
I assume all these come from different stories or poems.

I htink I'll take up time travel. It should be a lot easior than thinking.
Accuracy of the whole thing is in question.

5 comments:

  1. The stag at eve = Sir Walter Scott, "The Lady of the Lake"

    Everything else is Shakespeare:

    All the world's a stage = Jacques, in As You Like It
    To be or not to be = Hamlet
    Out, out = Macbeth

    Now, both of you, say something at my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this gorgeous pinky watercolor background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Help! I don't have access to Kathleen's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I took one step forward and found Kathleen's
    blog. Now I have to read what she writes about
    so I can write what she reads about.

    ReplyDelete