Thursday, September 30, 2010

It's All About Time (And Space)

As I dwell in time and space contemplating the efffect of relativity on my longevity, I can say that if I had a twin and he was a truck driver, he would come back from a trip younger than I.
However, if he sit in a hot air ballon at 100 feet above me tethered to the ground, he would be
older than me when he landed. In either case, the age difference would only amount to a tiny
fraction of a nanosecond. Did you know that if you stationed yourself two thirds of a mile above
the earth you will be three seconds older over the course of a million years than if you were on
Earth. You can overcome this aging if you travel from the stationary spot at the correct speed.

Everyone suffers from or gains from Einsteins famous theory of relativity in slight amounts, but
I want to experience it bigtime. So a trip into the outer reaches of space at a speed measured at
some fraction of the speed of light would be useful. All I need is a sponsor with the funding and
the where with all under my control.

Now comes the good part. I will need a space mate who can help me with my spelling, etc. This
partner (mate in space) must be of the opposite sex so is we encounter something or someone
they can observe the difference in hair length. This expert may be African, Asian, South American, European, Australian, blond, brunette, red headed or gray. She also has to able to
fly a space ship and have all the attributtes afforded a lovely, intelligent lady and be able to
fish and cut bait. I have made a vast number of space flights but thay only lasted a fraction of
a nanosecond. The experience should count for something. I be out looking for my partner
soon.

I wonder how much space we can cover in one year traveling at some fraction of 186,00o miles
a second and how much time we can shave off our age by the time we get home.

2 comments:

  1. Heard on the national news last night that they
    have located a planet in another solar system
    that is very similar to earth with good possibilities of supporting life. Its only
    20 light years away. If I could travel at half the speed of light I can be there in 40 years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you get your mate and get off on your travel, send me your address and I'll send you a post card if they will deliver it sometime between now and FOREVER.

    ReplyDelete